The Scholarship for Instructors’ Knowledge Advancement Program (SIKAP) provides opportunities for teaching personnel in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and former HEI teaching personnel to pursue further studies in select colleges and universities in the Philippines.
PART TIME STUDY PACKAGE A
PART TIME STUDY PACKAGE B
PART TIME STUDY PACKAGE C
FULL TIME STUDY PACKAGE
1. You must be a Filipino citizen.
2. To be eligible for the SIKAP scholarship, you must currently be employed as a Teaching Personnel in a Higher Education Institution or have been employed in the past twelve months as a Teaching Personnel while applying for the scholarship. Additionally, you must not hold any management or administrative position, and you must not be holding any full-time job in a government agency or any private company that is not an HEI.
3. If you are granted a full-time scholarship, you are required to pursue the program through full-time study. If you are currently employed, you must provide evidence of your employer’s commitment to releasing you from your administrative or teaching duties for the duration of the scholarship. This means you will not hold any administrative or teaching responsibilities during the scholarship period.
4. To be a part-time scholar, you must commit to a minimum of twenty working hours per week or a teaching load of twelve units per semester.
5. If admitted to an eligible graduate program, you must enroll in a program that is vertically aligned with your teaching discipline. You are ineligible if you already hold a degree in the same field as the program you are pursuing, unless you can provide a strong justification for doing so.
6. To be eligible for the scholarship, you must be of an age that will allow you to provide significant return service after obtaining the graduate degree. The following rules apply:
✔️ If you are applying for a Master’s degree, you must be over 52 years of age.
✔️ If you are applying for a Doctorate degree, you must be over 50 years of age.
✔️ Exceptions to these rules may be considered by the Commission En Banc.
7. To be eligible for this scholarship, you must not be currently receiving any other scholarship that is funded by the government.
8. It is important that you commit to fulfilling and completing all the degree program requirements within the given timeframe.
9. You must not have any relatives up to the fourth degree of affinity or consanguinity with any CHED employee in the CHED Regional Office where you are applying for the scholarship.
10. Commission En Banc will only exempt you based on the case-to-case basis.
To qualify for the scholarship, you must follow the selection process outlined below:
✔️ Wait for the Commission to release a call for applications.
✔️ Submit all required documents to CHED RO or DHEI through the implementation model.
✔️ The Commission will evaluate all applications and approve a final list of successful applicants.
✔️ If you are accepted, you must confirm your acceptance of the scholarship offer.
1. An application form
2. Your CV (Curriculum Vitae)
3. Employment Certificate.
4. Eligibility statement and undertaking.
5. A recommendation form.
6. Passport or Birth Certificate.
7. Proof of Admission to Eligible HEI or DHEI.
8. A record of a transcript.
9. A Re-entry action plan.
10. A government-issued identification.
11. A Release form.
APPLICATION CHED-SIKAP Scholarship: (https://ched.gov.ph/sikap/)